The Photon Factory Forum

Community forum for feedback and sharing of data for projects like the USB PlasmaTrim.

OSX Suggestions

Like a modern day watering hole, this is where the far off topic topics should hang out.

OSX Suggestions

Postby rjb4000 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Hey there - so I've tried a few things to get my computer to talk to the PT - Wine on Ubuntu in Virtualbox, ReactOS, and stupidly - Wine in OSX. I get that Wine is not meant to work with USB devices; I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how to get my mac to talk to the PT!
rjb4000

Project Backer

Re: OSX Suggestions

Postby Dolbie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:55 pm

It looks like kcray is a mac user who loaded a sequence onto a PlasmaTrim. I'm guessing that some flavor of Windows was used in a virtualized environment. I have VirtualBox on my MBP with an XP VM and the software is running great. I have not received my PTs to try loading a sequence yet, but seeing kcray's results gives me hope that this will work out fine.
Looks like you may need to bite the bullet and acquire a Windows license and install disc.

Or wait for the native OS X software to be released. :|
----------
Dolbie
Visual Enthusiast
Dolbie

Project Backer

Postby rjb4000 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Heh - yeah I'll probably just borrow a friend's windows machine until the OSX version is released. At least the default sequence is trippy!
rjb4000

Project Backer

Postby andypiper » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:10 am

Dolbie wrote:Or wait for the native OS X software to be released. :|

Anyone know the ETA on this? I don't have any Windows machines...
andypiper

Project Backer

Return to The Water Cooler